Pregnant woman given abortion drug by mistake

Mareena Silva is one very unlucky and potentially no longer pregnant lady as a pharmacist accidentally gave her an abortion pill. Six weeks pregnant, she had gone to her doctor who had prescribed her an antibiotic but when she went to a Colorado pharmacy to pick it up the pharmacist gave her the drug methotrexate.

Silva felt sick after taking the pill, and her doctor advised her to attempt to throw up to remove it from her body. She was also rushed to hospital and administered charcoal in an attempt to absorb the pill. Doctors say that her child, if she is able to carry to full term now maybe born with deformaties. Safeway issued a statement to the effect that they will be investigating how the mix up happened.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *