A jury in the Bahamas has ruled that the death of Anna Nicole Smith’s son Daniel was because of an accidental overdose.
Ironically, his mother died from the same cause, despite often arguing with her son due to his drug use.
Daniel, 20, died last September after traveling to the Bahamas to meet his new baby sister.
In its ruling, the jury said the cause of death was “nondependent use of drugs.” Police were originally investigating the death to look for any signs that would have pointed towards foul play.
“We don’t think it makes any sense,” said Neil McCabe, an attorney for Anna Nicole’s mother, Virgie Arthur. “The boy was not a drug user, the judge said so. Why would he all of a sudden take a massive dose of methadone?”
According to Magistrate William Campbell this ruling effectively closes the case as far as the Bahamas court system is concerned.
Leave a Reply