It is being reported that a mysterious package containing the poison gas called ricin has been found in a Los Vegas motel, resulting in 7 people being taken to hospital.
The incident took place at the Extended Stay America Motel where according to Officer Ramone Denby, the manager handed over a suspicious package that was determined to be a controled substance or a chemical.
The scene was soon crawling with Homeland Security, local police, FBI, Las Vegas Health District, a hazardous materials team and the National Guard
3 police officers, 3 motel employees and another individual were taken to hospital for observation but all are ok.
According to the CDC ricin can be very deadly, with only 500 micrograms, or about the size of the head of a pin, enough to kill a person.
Currently there are no suspects in the case.
Leave a Reply